Instructor Trainer Guy Shockey goes over how to fit your backplate. He also shares some tricks on how you can use the H's on Halcyon webbing to make sure your D-rings are in the correct spot.
Fitting Your Backplate
- Adjust proper height
- If you can touch the top of the plate, you can reach your valves.
- Make sure the plate is squared to your back.
Method 1: Using the crotch strap
Stand on the crotch strap
- Fold the webbing over and pull up.
- Arm straps will then align
Method 2: With Halcyon-brand webbing
- Make sure the H’s are equidistant from the center hole.
- Count the H’s to match adjustment of straps and D-rings.
Want more tips and tricks? Watch more here.
Guy Shockey is a GUE instructor and trainer who is actively involved in mentoring the next generation of GUE divers. He started diving in 1982 in a cold mountain lake in Alberta, Canada. Since then he has logged somewhere close to 8,000 dives in most of the oceans of the world. He is a passionate technical diver with a particular interest in deeper ocean wreck diving. He is a former military officer and professional hunter with a bachelor’s and master’s degree in political science, as well as an entrepreneur with several successful startup companies to his credit.